Expecting mothers can get anxious when their babies stop moving inside them. So, are there ways to help your fetus move more?
The first movement:
Moms-to-be experience their baby’s first kick normally in their 19th week of pregnancy, which is when the baby’s limbs finalize their development. If it takes the fetus longer than this to move, you need to consult your doctor.
Why will a baby stop moving?
- Increased production of amniotic fluid.
- Constipation of the mother.
- If the mother is tired.
- If the mother is not drinking enough water.
- A tear in the amniotic sac, in which case a doctor must intervene immediately.
How can you help your fetus move?
- Eating a piece of dessert.
- Drinking something cold, as the fetus will sense the difference in temperature.
- Lying down.
- Playing loud music.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Pressing the side of the stomach where you feel the fetus is.
If your unborn baby does not move after several attempts with these methods, you need to visit your doctor, as lack of movement could indicate a problem for your baby.